Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Current Sewing Projects

Djeryd movie and girl photo shoot 189

None of these are great photos, but they are the best pictures I have of my latest sewing projects.  Alyx’s top is a little wrap shirt that I modified from a dress pattern that originally had a zipper in the back.  I reworked the pieces, lined the whole thing and shortened the skirt to make it a blouse.  I love how it turned out and want to make a few more before she grows out of the pattern.

Djeryd movie and girl photo shoot 192

Annaliese’s dress/top is straight from the pattern, no alterations.  I love the fabric that Anna chose.  It is so vibrant and lends itself beautifully to the simple design of the garment.  The next time I make this I want to use a variety of simple fabrics to showcase the different design elements.  I also think it would be cool to piece together the skirt in several different tie-shaped wedges to further accentuate the handkerchief hem (and use up some of my endless supply of scraps).

Djeryd movie and girl photo shoot 203

I wish I had a better picture of Anna spinning because, wow, when she gets going that hem starts fluttering like a butterfly.

1 comment:

Annalea said...

Those are wonderful!!! I can't believe how big the girls are, and how much Alyx looks like I remember Anneliese when we first met you guys. They're both just beautiful. :o)

I found this neat little pattern shop, where all proceeds go to two children's charities. The patterns are fun, and I thought you'd like to see them.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...