Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A Poem On Forgiveness

I came across this poem last night while I idly perusing The New Era and I cannot get it out of my mind.  I found it honest and thought provoking and comforting.  I had to share.

Forgiveness

by: Sydni Masoncup (New Era – November 2011 issue)

To forgive
Is not to forget.

To forgive
Is really to remember,

That nobody is perfect,

That each of us stumbles
When we want so much to stay upright,

That each of us says things
We wish we had never said,

That we can all forget that love
Is more important than being right.

To forgive
Is really to remember,

That we are so much more
Than our mistakes,

That we are often more kind and caring
Than we think we are,

That accepting another’s flaws
Can help us accept our own.

To forgive
Is to remember,

That the odds are pretty good that
We might soon need to be forgiven ourselves,

That life gives us more
Than we can handle gracefully.

To forgive
is to remember,

That we have room in our hearts to
Begin again,
And again,
And again.

2 comments:

Annalea said...

MyLiege, I absolutely love this poem . . . it strikes a chord with me, as I've long felt that forgiveness (even and especially with Father in Heaven) isn't erasing from memory our misdeed, but loving us anyway, and "bringing it up" no more.

Aspen said...

This is seriously a GREAT poem! Thanks for sharing MyLiege, especially since we don't get the New Era yet. Is this just a kid that wrote this? Wow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...