Tuesday, December 20, 2011

One Thing I Am Loathe to Part With

I love making things for all of the darling little loves in my life.  Christmas is especially fun because I get to create for nieces and nephews.  This year I made one particular gift that I really, really do not want to wrap up and send on its way.Purses and skirts 025

When my shiny new copy of Girl’s World showed up on the doorstep, not only did I drool over the sumptuous photography, I immediately fell in love with the Penelope Purse.  It looked sturdy and adorable and generously sized (for a child, which mean perfectly little-sized for me).  I whipped this baby up for my beautiful niece, Brooklyn, who wanted an art kit.  I found some quarter-sheet-sized art paper pads for different artistic mediums, and the usual complement of crayons, watercolors, markers and pencils.  Don’t you think it will make the most adorable carry-all for her art supplies?

Purses and skirts 032

(Special thanks to Lu for being my model so you could see it “in action”.) 

I knew before I cut into my fabric that I should just construct two of them at the same time, one for my niece, and one for me.  But, with the Christmas rush I thought it best to postpone the construction of my own bag until after the holidays.  So instead I refuse to wrap it and find myself strategically placing Penelope so that I can catch little glimpses of her throughout the day.  I LOVE the lining, but I do not have enough of that perfect lime polka-dot to make an exact replica for me.  Whatever shall I do? (And man, oh, man, am I going to be sad when I finally run out of that pink paisley.) All I can say is: Brooklyn, if you ever get tired of this bag, I will be happy to take it off your hands.

Purses and skirts 042

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...