Monday, January 9, 2012

The Boy is Twelve!

My sweet boy is twelve.  Oh, my!  He wanted a Roman birthday party, which I did not dive into decoration-wise.  But we had Roman food: Ceasar salad, olives, focaccia bread, grapes, pizza and Skittles. 

Djeryd's Birthday 044 

They played lots of Roman-ish war games: sword fighting, catapults, spear-throwing and Mafia.

Djeryd's Birthday 052

Djeryd informed me he would like a replica of the city of Pompeii for his birthday cake this year. I laughed. How about Mt. Vesuvius instead?

Djeryd's Birthday 063

It was a pretty long and tiring night.  I love this picture because it captures how Djeryd looked almost the whole evening.

Djeryd's Birthday 072

My niece has such a way with food.  This is how she looked at Djeryd’s party last year.

Djeryd's Birthday 075

Sunday morning was decidedly more somber.  Djeryd is pretty serious by nature and this was a serious day as he was ordained a Deacon in our church.

Djeryd's Birthday 090

I love seeing him with his dad, an image of what he will become.

Djeryd's Birthday 097 

My mom gave him a beautiful picture with his priesthood line of authority, tracing it all the way back to Jesus Christ.

Djeryd's Birthday 134

I love how my dad takes his pie.

Djeryd's Birthday 138

And the best birthday picture of all – elation upon finally having tabs in his scriptures.

Djeryd's Birthday 128

Happy birthday, Djeryd.  I love you, and everything you are becoming.

3 comments:

Sierra said...

Congratulations to Djeryd. I love the scriptures picture and the one where Sean is teaching him how to tie a tie properly. My girl makes me chuckle!
The kids told us all about the party,so it was fun to see pictures of some of the activities.

The Evans Family said...

The cake looks awesome! Those pictures of Shean and Djeryd are priceless. Beautiful! Sounds like a good weekend.

Amy said...

I love that last picture. What a great shot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...