Saturday, January 14, 2012

Polka Dot Posy Blouse

Red Flower Shirt 067

Alyx got a new top and graciously did some posing for me.  It was pretty cold outside so I did not take off her jacket, but if you want to see the sleeves, the top is identical to the one I did here.  The pattern is McCall’s 6269 and I applied the same modifications as I explained for the green flowered top (although I made the skirt one inch longer than last time – she’s a growing girl).

Red Flower Shirt 082

The lovely little posy was a bit of serendipity.  I had to piece the skirt and, due to lack of intelligent thinking, wound up with a big, ugly seam smack down the middle of the blouse.  Sean insisted no one would notice, but I knew it was there and I couldn’t stand looking at it. After a bit of grumping and seriously wanting to bang my head against a wall for piecing it that way in the first place, a marvelous thought occurred to me and a flower was born.  I think it makes the shirt . . .

Red Flower Shirt 078 

. . . or maybe it’s the sweet little girl that’s wearing the shirt.

4 comments:

Annalea said...

That sweet girl DEFINITELY makes the blouse. The posy is definitely a close second, though. ;o) I love how "mistakes" often end up making things better than ever.

On Friday I made the sweetest little jean bag as a birthday gift for one of our daughters' friends. I'm going to blog it soon, so I won't retell the story here. I'd love to hear what you think of it . . . the recipient used it at church today, so I'm pretty sure she likes it. ;o) It's so gratifying to have something I made loved that much!

Keep up your sewing, MyLiege. It's so adorable!

Sierra said...

That girl simply oozes personality! Love it, and the shirt turned out beautifully as well.

Elder and Sister Wilcox said...

The shirt is darling. I love the flower. You are so very creative.

The Evans Family said...

The shirt AND the girl are darling...even more so in person.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...