Monday, January 16, 2012

Something Sweet

As cool as Djeryd’s birthday cake turned out is was a bit of a baking fiasco, leaving the cake less than desirable.  It left me feeling like a baker that wasn’t worth my frosting (although the volcano frosting was so, so good – chocolate truffle!).  Thankfully I had a bunch of bananas slowly turning to mush on my kitchen counter offering me a chance to restore my good baking name.

Red Flower Shirt 034

I sliced that sweet thing across the middle, filled it with banana pudding and smothered it with some yummy, sweet cream.

Red Flower Shirt 042

Sean declared it amazing.  I felt redeemed.  Mission accomplished.

2 comments:

Sierra said...

That looks delicious! Even Emma agreed it looked good, and she's pretty picky when it comes to desserts.

The Evans Family said...

Not worth your frosting...You crack me up! You can totally blame the baking fiasco on me, I feel so bad I didn't give you the rod for the middle of the pan. And then you go and share some of that delicious cake with me when you should have been cursing me! ;) It was delicious, thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...