Thursday, February 23, 2012

Mini-Monets

Painting al fesco 089

Right this very moment we are all pretending it’s summer.  I worked in the yard, Alyx spent most of the day in her swimsuit (blog post to follow), and Erik and Anna are having a painting party al fresco.

Painting al fesco 071 

Do not be fooled by the short-sleeved shirts.  It is cold, not freezing, but cold.  I do not venture out without a coat.

 Painting al fesco 067

They were outside playing (coats on).  I love nothing better than creativity in the great outdoors so I suggested we haul out the easel and make life a little more colorful (coats came off).

Painting al fesco 078 

I remember Monet loved to paint out of doors.  He would bundle up tight and drag his paints and easel out to the nether reaches of the countryside to paint and sketch the world around him.

Painting al fesco 086

My mini-Monets (only I do wish they would bundle up!).

2 comments:

The Evans Family said...

Love it! Makes me wish we had an easel.

Sierra said...

Erik looks like Quasimodo with that shirt following the curve of his back, but not the corrosponding curve on his front.
Looks like a wonderful way to spend a sunny day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...