Saturday, March 24, 2012

What I Did Today

Sleeping pad bags 009

Today was one of those truly rare Saturdays in which we had absolutely no obligations.  So very nice.  I got a call from my parents at about 10:00 in the morning asking if I could help them with a little sewing project.  They needed a pair of handy dandy bags for their sleeping pads for camping.  We headed upstairs sometime after 3:00 in the afternoon and got to work with all the fabric and cords and gadgets my dad brought over. 

I originally cut the bag for a pretty snug fit.  My mom decided we needed an extra inch or two.  We rummaged through my stash and found a perfectly complementary home dec fabric.  I think it makes the bag.

Sleeping pad bags 006

I did not have a heavy duty thread so I did some extra stitching to strengthen the seams.  I did parallel stitching for the sides and used a triple-stitch on my machine to reinforce the bottom circle piece.  My favorite part was having my parents hang out in the studio with me.  They cut fabric and ironed and chatted and ripped seams and collaborated and cheered me on.  It was awesome!  I love being with them anyway, but all working together on a sewing project was over the top for me.  We made a great team.  And Mom and Dad, you are welcome to my atelier anytime (I could use an apprentice or two).  ;>

Sleeping pad bags 002

2 comments:

Annalea said...

I love 'em! Many of my favorite memories are of sharing things I love to do with people I love even more. :o)

Elder and Sister Wilcox said...

We had so much fun. You are so talented. They turned out so much MORE then we ever expected. They are AWESOME!!!
Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...