Monday, April 9, 2012

Alyxandria’s Birthday Dress . . .At Last

Here it is, at long last. Alyx got to wear her birthday dress for the one and only time on Easter Sunday.  Unfortunately the fit is a bit snug and I’m not sure she will be able to squeeze into it again.

Djeryd project, yard, Alyx dress 059 

She got some strawberry dribble down the front in Nursery, which I hope will come out because this little number is being entered in the fair this summer.

Djeryd project, yard, Alyx dress 063

Things I love about this dress:

:: How all three fabrics make each other look more beautiful than they are by themselves.

Djeryd project, yard, Alyx dress 076 

:: How the piping makes everything pop.

Djeryd project, yard, Alyx dress 079

:: How much my girl loves wearing it, even though it is a pain in the neck to get on and off (next time I use this pattern I will be installing a zipper or a nice, long placket for buttons).

Djeryd project, yard, Alyx dress 077

:: That swingy, gorgeous hemline accentuated by the piping and bias hem.  It was worth every hour of labor (I only wish it would fit her for a just a little bit longer).

4 comments:

Annalea said...

So lovely!!!! One glimmer of hope: children grow more up than they do out after about two . . . so maybe you'll only have to add an underskirt, or leggings. ;o)

Elder and Sister Wilcox said...

I LOVE IT!!!! That turned out so cute. I agree with Annalea that she may still be able to wear it a few more times. Just take heart that Anna wears some of Alyx's dresses as blouses. She may get a lot more wear out of it than you think. I wish we would have seen her in it yesterday.

The Evans Family said...

I really love the fabric. I got to see it up close when I was doing music in nursery. Beautiful!! You are one talented lady.

Aspen said...

BEAUTIFUL! Loved the girls outfits today as well. Such an awesome talent. And good for you for using your talent!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...