Friday, April 20, 2012

Manna

Faces of Lu 010

This week, as I have looked around, I have found Manna from Heaven in so many different forms.  One was driving home from a miserable trip to the grocery store in the pouring rain.  It was just me and my girls and no one to help at the other end.  I silently offered a prayer asking for mercy, that the rain would stop so I could get all my groceries and my kids in the house without being drenched.  Quite literally the second my tires touched the driveway the rain stopped.

Faces of Lu 030

Another one has been the miracle of finding a friend I never really thought I would see again in this life.  But she found me.  On facebook of all places.  ;>  On Friday afternoon into my inbox popped a friend request.  We have not seen each other since the sixth grade and I seriously cannot describe the void that has since been filled in my heart that I never even knew was there.  There is a long letter from her every day and I find myself pushing priorities aside to soak in every word and then gaggle out a reply, usually laughing or crying along the way.  It is nourishment to my soul.  That’s what a true friend is – Manna from Heaven.

Faces of Lu 025

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...