Monday, June 18, 2012

Butterfly Details

Since I’m sure you’ve all been waiting with baited breath to see the details of Anna’s butterfly skirt, I give you this post. Like I said before, Anna picked out the trims and she selected the butterfly we turned into an appliqué.

skirt detail, doll bed, front flowers 017

It was really easy to do.  Anna picked out the butterfly from scraps of the lowest skirt tier.  We roughly cut it out, ironed lightweight Heat-n-Bond to the back, and then I cut it out very carefully.  We pinned it in place and I peeled off the the backing (one half at a time so I could keep it pinned and in the right spot).  Once it was securely in place I set the stitch to zig-zag and very slowly and carefully outlined the butterfly.

skirt detail, doll bed, front flowers 012Then I free-handed a little butterfly trail in silver embroidery thread.  It didn’t stand out as well as I would have liked, so I re-traced the path in yellow and it was perfect!  I like how it brought the yellow  from the bottom ruffle up through the middle of the skirt and into the top tier.  Very lovely, if I do say so myself.  ;>

skirt detail, doll bed, front flowers 077

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...