Friday, June 22, 2012

Farmhouse Doll Bed and Bedding – In White

 First day of summer 168-001 

Here are my last pictures of this lovely little bed.  Sorry to any of you who are sick of seeing it.  For the rest of you who have been dying to see it in white – here you go.  (I think it makes the bedding really pop – I love it!)

First day of summer 173

I also thought this would be a good moment to share the credit for this beautiful bed.  If you are interested in whipping one of these up yourself, we used the plans from Ana White, and the bedding pattern from here.  I tweaked a few things with the bedding and if you are seriously interested, leave a little note in the comments and I will let you know what they were.

2012-06-16 skirt detail, doll bed, front flowers

Which version do you like better – white or au naturel?

First day of summer 177

Happy auctioning to us!

3 comments:

Sierra said...

I prefer the white with that bedding. I think the natural would look lovely with lots of different bedding styles. What does Anna have on it?
Great job on all of it, by the way.

Mooy oh Mooy! said...

I like the white bed - I am making an ana bed now for my daughter and I am going to paint it white. Do you have instructions for the bedding?? I would LOVE it if you would be happy to share?? Thx so much

SMDStudio said...

Absolutely! I got the pattern for the bedding at http://piecesforreese.blogspot.com/search/label/pillowcase. For the decorative pillow I cut one piece 12"wide and 16" long, then folded it in half with right sides together. Stitch almost all the way around, leaving a hole on one side. Turn it right side out, then topstitch 1" in almost all the way around (leave a small hole in the same spot as the outside edge to stuff the filling through). (Is this making sense?) Stuff it, the topstitch the inside seam closed, and then the outside edge.
I have made two quilts for this size of bed. The one in the picture is the exact same dimensions as the sheets, which is fine if the batting is pretty flat. If you want a fluffier quilt and one that fits more like a typical bed quilt, cut your fabric 20" in length and 23" wide. Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions or if I can clarify something. Happy sewing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...