Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Life With Daughters

skirt detail, doll bed, front flowers 082

I do not know what is going on with my girls this week, but somebody flipped on a very annoying switch.  Tantrums. Stomping, screaming, sassing, sobbing and rolling all over the floor in bitter frustration tantrums.  Several times a day.

Hair, frog, band concert 123

We always deal with attitudes and drama from time to time, but something about this first part of summer is making them crazy (and, consequently, me).

Hair, frog, band concert 131

And I find myself struggling very hard to be patient.

Memorial Day 027

In trying to make sense of the sudden turn in temperaments, I have decided it must be their natural resistance to change.

skirt detail, doll bed, front flowers 008

Their brothers are home.  All day long.  With them.  Lu no longer has Mommy to herself in the mornings.  And neither one of them have sole possession of Mommy for most of the afternoon, as they have for the past nine monthsskirt detail, doll bed, front flowers 055

I am trying to chalk it up to adjusting, telling myself it’s just a bump in the road and things will be better next week, or the week after.  Summer won’t feel so foreign.

skirt detail, doll bed, front flowers 084

In the meantime, they just feed off each other.  And I have to keep telling myself:

“Breathe, MyLiege, just breathe.”

1 comment:

Elder and Sister Wilcox said...

I love your blogs. I also love your girls (and boys to). It is so fun to swing by at noon on my walk and give someone a hug.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...