Tuesday, June 5, 2012

My Brilliant Son

I think all my kids are absolutely amazing. Every last one of them. Sometimes I worry that Djeryd gets a disproportionate number of blog posts for cool projects, but the truth is he is pretty much the only one doing cool projects lately. He has had a lot of elaborate assignments this year in school. Poor Mr. Erik has not even had a single book report (which makes me very sad because I LOVE book reports). So I guess this is just a disclaimer that I am not ignoring my other children, Djeryd has simply been producing a lot of fantastical sorts of things this year. And here is the latest and greatest:

Memorial Day 051

What you see is a working replica of a Roman aqueduct.  Water runs through a pipe, through the mountain, up the hill, over the river, along the top of the actual “aqueduct” portion, and bubbles up through the fountain in the town square (notice the glistening water pouring over the rims on the fountain above).

Memorial Day 052

Seriously, how cool is that?  When he told me he wanted to make a model of an aqueduct I suggested he make a model of only a small portion.  He insisted on demonstrating the whole system.  So I backed off. 

Memorial Day 057

And he amazed me (and everyone else, for that matter).

1 comment:

Elder and Sister Wilcox said...

That is VERY cool, Djeryd. You are amazing. I can't wait to see it up close and personal.
Love,
Grandma

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...