Thursday, June 14, 2012

Projects

I recently finished up a few sewing projects.  The first two projects were these quilts for a friend of mine who recently adopted two adorable little boys.  We had a good old fashioned quilting bee for her shower.  It was really fun and she loved how they turned out (phew!).

Hair, frog, band concert 034

My other project was a quickie I squeezed in between the quilts above and some doll bedding I’m working on for a silent auction for cancer research (I feel totally honored to have been asked to do it – and it’s going to be so cute!).  I wanted to get in a new skirt for Anna before school is out for the summer.  So the second the quilts left the studio I got a-sewin’ on that skirt. 

Hair, frog, band concert 105

I make lots of different skirts and dresses for Anna, but her favorites are peasant skirts.  So while I would have loved to make something a little more adventurous or with a different silhouette, I knew she would be happiest if it was just a ruffle-y, twirly skirt.  I took these pictures before I finished the embroidery on the green tier (because she insisted on wearing it to Djeryd’s band concert – finished or not).  I will post some more pictures of the detailing when I can. 

Hair, frog, band concert 126

Anna picked out the ribbon trims and had input on the some of the other details.  I think it made for a good collaboration.  And right now she is wearing it on her field trip, which was the very best part of all as far as she’s concerned.

Hair, frog, band concert 119 I don’t know.  I think all that love this skirt will see is the best part of all.  If clothes could talk . . .

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...