Monday, July 30, 2012

Sunday Afternoon

Here is a little peak at what goes on around our house on a Sunday afternoon.  We are lucky enough to have church at 9:00 this year, which leaves a whole wonderful afternoon to nap and read and play games and make yummy dinners and just enjoy each other.Activity Day Hike - Mary S. Young 004

Pretty typically you can find Djeryd in his dress socks and shorts reading a book.  Before donning shorts, however, he heads out to do a bit of Sunday service right after church.  I love that glow on his face when he’s still in his suit, scriptures in hand, walking out the door to fulfill his Priesthood duties.  I think that boy smiles more on Sunday than any other day of the week.

Activity Day Hike - Mary S. Young 019

Erik and I have a standing Sunday afternoon date.  After lunch, and the girls and Daddy are down for naps, Erik and I bust out the Chess board.  We usually play about three to four games.  I started doing this because I felt like Erik and I needed to do some bonding and this kid LOVES games.  Neither one of us are terribly good, but we are pretty evenly matched, so that keeps it fun.  I don’t mind losing to him once in a while, but I am really competitive and I think if the tables turn (i.e. he starts winning more than me) we may have to find a new game.   It has been really good for our relationship and I hope we keep it up for years to come (even if I have to lose).

Activity Day Hike - Mary S. Young 080

The girls’ favorite thing to do on a Sunday afternoon is dance.  While I make dinner, Sean plunks himself down on the piano (after the three of them wake up from their naps) and proceeds systematically through his repertoire of favorite pieces. Within seconds two little girls and swirling and sweeping and twirling around the room.

Activity Day Hike - Mary S. Young 083

Anna often looks dignified and quite serious.

Activity Day Hike - Mary S. Young 009

Lu’s expression is always one of sheer joy.

Activity Day Hike - Mary S. Young 012

I love Sundays.

2 comments:

Elder and Sister Wilcox said...

Consider the source...if you look at the top picture of Anna, the angle of her body, the hair hiding part of her shoulders, the angle of her face...makes her head look superimposed in a photoshop attempt...just sayin.

Annalea said...

Don't you love homophones? (Peak, pique, peek . . . )

I can't believe how much Djeryd is looking like Sean. Everyone is growing so fast!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...