Thursday, October 4, 2012

Lu’s Polka-dot Pants

Morning Walk, Lu's polka-dot pants 024

It seems like it’s been forever since I’ve posted a sewing project (probably because I haven’t done any, ha!).  Last week Alyx picked out this polka-dot fabric from my stash for a pair of pants.  I used the pattern from MADE.  This is actually my second pair using Dana’s pattern.  The first pair I made out of a black double-knit cotton that made a terrific pair of yoga pants.  I wasn’t sure a straight weave would have enough wiggle room for Lu, but these turned out beautifully.

Morning Walk, Lu's polka-dot pants 016

I originally intended to put a ruffle on the bottom, but it just wasn’t working with the fabric, so I slapped on a little polka-dot appliqué instead.  I love how it turned out.  I do not like, however, that my sewing machine, which badly needs servicing, kept skipping stitches.  Dah!

  Morning Walk, Lu's polka-dot pants 030

I have already pulled out two more fabrics to whip up a couple additional pairs.  Then this little lady will be all set for fall.  Yea!

(It looks a little funny in the back because we were just trying them on (now she won’t take them off) and the elastic casing was not finished yet.)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...