Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Ickies

We’ve had ickies running through our house of late.  Nothing horrendous, thank goodness, but nothing particularly fun either.  Mostly just fevers and coughs and sore throats.  Erik caught it first, which is typical, then Anna, then Alyx.  And now I think Sean may have a touch of it.

02-DSC_0567

I feel bad for Erik.  Because he is almost always the first one to come down with a bug, he is quarantined in my greatest efforts to avoid family-wide contamination.  Sometimes this is effective.  Sometimes not.  Once Alyx gets something I give up entirely on separation mostly because she will not tolerate a cuddle ban, and everybody else knows to wash their hands and not stick germy things in their mouths.

01-DSC_0571

Still, it’s crummy for Erik.  He is the coolest, though, especially about stuff like that.  Love that boy.  I’m hoping we are through the ickies this winter and we can keep My Little Pony turned off until sometime next year (Alyx and Anna laid down and watched that for days).  I’m just grateful it was mild.  And I’m grateful it’s over (even if that is just for now).  And I’m grateful I got extra time with my kids (is it bad that I love it when they have to stay home?).  And I am overwhelmingly grateful I did not catch it.  Here’s to hoping for a healthy spring (and the rest of winter, of course). 

04-DSC_0566

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...