Monday, February 11, 2013

Junk Drawer Face-Lift

Around Christmas, while Sean perused the hard drive aisle at Fry’s, I found myself in the magazine section staring at an organizing magazine with the creator of iHeartOrganizing on the cover.  I could not wait to get home and check out this website.  I was hooked and have been delighted to be inspired virtually every time I’ve visited this space.

A couple of weeks ago I came across a post where she used cereal boxes and wrapping paper to convert a messy drawer into cheerful, organized bliss.  I gave it a whirl with the cereal boxes I had on hand.  I did not totally fill the drawer because I ran out of boxes, but I am rounding up more and looking for more drawer make-over opportunities throughout the house.  I’m loving my recycle bin lately. This project proved to be a quick, easy and inexpensive way to have a place for everything and put everything in its place.  (Sorry I do not have a before picture, but I assure you, it was a mess.)

1-DSC_0558

Really fun.  Give it  a whirl.  You’ve got absolutely nothing to lose with this easy project.  And your drawer will be so pretty when you’re finished.  ;->

3 comments:

Elder and Sister Wilcox said...

What a clever idea. I think I have several desk drawers that could use a face lift like that.

Sierra said...

That's so pretty. I just posted about my own junk drawer makeover, wierd!

The Evans Family said...

Awesome! I love that website, so many good and pretty organizing ideas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...