Monday, November 25, 2013

LuLu Lops Her Locks

LuLu has curly hair the color of honey.  Aside from a trim here and there to keep things even and tidy, Lu has never had an honest to goodness chop-it-all-off kind of haircut.

6-DSC_0430

That is, until this happened.

1-DSC_0434

It was a late sort of evening.  Family Night, actually, which always seems to push things later than normal.  We thought everyone was downstairs wrapping up the evening with reminders about permissions slips that needed signing, stories from the day that hadn’t been told yet; you know how it is.

2-DSC_0435

Then Anna’s voice rings out, “Mom? You’re gonna want to see this!”  We all raced upstairs. 

Now that was one thing I did not want to see.

3-DSC_0437

My past self would have totally freaked out, I think.  A later me would have sighed heavily, given my three-year-old a pointless lecture and been ticked off the rest of the night.  Instead I just started laughing and sent someone downstairs to get the camera.  The giggles continued was the kids kept finding little piles of hair all around the room, mostly in front of the big mirror that sits on the floor and behind the door where Lu was hiding after the alarm was sounded.

4-DSC_0441

Alyx had taken a fistful of curls off of each side right over her ears.  The back was left long and mullet flashbacks of the 80’s were flooding my brain.  I trotted her into the bathroom (the whole family followed) and we set to work laughing some more and trying to make her presentable in public.

5-DSC_0439

As much as I miss her lovely locks, she’s so stinkin’ cute that I’m equally tickled with her little mess of pixie curls.  The moral of the story is: When life gives you fistfuls of perfectly good hair (that should be attached to your three-year-old’s head) . . . laugh . . . and make sure you grab the camera.

2 comments:

Aspen said...

All I can say is that you are a much bigger person than me. I would not have laughed. At all. Probably would have been tears actually, by all involved. Good job taking a higher road MyLiege!

Sierra said...

I think she looks cute either way. It was sure a surprise to see her new 'do at Thanksgivagain. I don't think I would have been as peaceful as you are about it. Luckily, none of my kids ever did a major hack job, although some of them did accidental cuts while cutting out crafts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...