Thursday, November 7, 2013

One of My Nicer Moments

01-DSC_0376

In something of relation to my messy projects post from the other day, I present something I have only done maybe five times in the past fifteen years: let my kids build a fort and then sleep in it.  I think five is an exaggerated number.  I think the actual number is probably closer to two.  I have a whole list of reasons why I don’t like forts and sleeping on the floor, but last month I was in a sweet, peaceful mommy mood and set all of that aside in the name of creating happy memories.

02-DSC_0377

The crazy thing about it all was that it wasn’t a big deal.  At all.  The kids were great.  Everyone was happy and got along.  We got the mess all cleaned up in the morning without any complaints.  And best of all, I really enjoyed my evening that night.  Sean and Djeryd were at a campout, so once the kids went down I was all alone.  Normally I put the kids to bed upstairs, then wander downstairs and stay up way too late watching Netflix so I don’t miss Sean too much.  But on this night, I tucked the kids under the table, curled up on the couch so I could keep an eye on the wiggles and giggles, and took care of a bunch of stuff for my Primary calling at church.  I went to bed early and happy and content.  So did my sweet children.

I almost can’t wait for the next campout. 

2 comments:

Aspen said...

You are such a great mom MyLiege. I love forts, but it seems like my kids always want to keep them up for days so I always hesitate a bit. Next time I won't. :)

Sierra said...

That is an impressive fort. I think odd times when Daddy is gone are the perfect time for doing things that are out of the ordinary. It makes a good memory to fill in the empty space. Glad they all cooperated and had fun.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...