Sunday, January 18, 2015

Forty? Really?

1-DSC_0213-001

Winter is big for birthdays in our house.  It seems like two birthdays are done and over with every year before I even get my New Year’s Resolutions written up.  In a way it’s not so good (like Djeryd’s present fiasco this year), but in a way it’s nice.  Sean went from thirty-nine to forty this week and we didn’t even have time to get all weirded out about it.  It just came and went.  Snap.  Just like that.  But I couldn’t let this landmark year slip by without a squishy huggy post to my wonderful husband.

2-DSC_0023

Every night in my journal I write down three things I am thankful for that day.  I try not to repeat myself too much, but sometimes I can’t help it.  I think I write down something I love or appreciate about Sean at least twice a week.  They’re way too personal to share with the world, but in this forum I can tell you he is a wonderful father.  He is an example to me of dedication, service, selflessness and love.

3-DSC_1390

He cherishes my girls and shows them through his words and his actions the kind of man they should marry.  They know what love looks like because they see it in his kindness service to them.  They see it in magic tricks and bedtime stories and band-aids on boo-boos.  They see it in how he supports me as his wife and his companion and his best friend.

4-DSC_0121

I tell my girls to marry someone like their daddy, and I tell my boys to be someone like their daddy.  He shows them how to love God and to serve God and to be a man of God.  That is the greatest gift I think he can give to them.  They see him work all day for his family and them come home and work with his family, doing dishes, sweeping floors, tidying rooms, reading scriptures, saying prayers, changing diapers, singing songs, telling stories, tucking in.

5-DSC_0402

I am no fool.  I know what I have.  And I am grateful for it every single day of my life.

Sean, my love, thank you for being born at just the right time and for finding me so we can be together forever.  I love you forever and ever!

1 comment:

Elder and Sister Wilcox said...

What a wonderful tribute. I haven't checked blogs lately so I missed several of your posts. I'm catching up today.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...