Monday, February 9, 2015

One Step at a Time

4-DSC_0065-001

This little lady is growing by leaps and bounds.  I have many pictures of her taken the day she was born hanging on the wall by my bed.  I stare at them.  I am mesmerized by them.  I do not understand how she could have been so very small.  I see her entire fist wrapped around the top of Sean’s thumb. I am honored to witness her life.

3-DSC_0075-001

Her latest trick is walking.  She is by far my earliest walker and is quite happy with herself about it all.

1-DSC_0080-001

We’re not talking about random step here and there.  Oh, no.  This is full out, start on one side of the room and walk to the other kind of walking.  I think that makes her officially a toddler.

5-DSC_0055-001

She’s had a whole slew of examples, but really very little coaching or even encouraging.  She was just bound and determined to walk.  I am impressed by her spirit.  Toddling comes with such a mess of scrapes and bonks and boo-boos, not to mention falling down over and over and over.  I think it is a marvelous commentary on the human spirit to witness a child learning to walk.

2-DSC_0068-001

And now that she’s checked “learning to walk” off her list, perhaps she’ll start taking the guitar more seriously.

1 comment:

Sierra said...

I love that little gal! Thanks for posting little bits about your family. It is a bright spot in my week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...