Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Naps

All of my kidlets were home from school today.  Again.

(Let me tell you, when that plain ol’ rain started coming down this afternoon I never felt so happy.  I have loved the snow, but all this darn “inclement weather” has delayed us moving into our new house by two weeks!)

Djeryd, in his efforts to be an amazing big brother, took Alyx out for a couple of hours to browse and shop around town (for the love of Legos – self-serving? Hmm? . . . I will choose to think otherwise). That left, Anna, Elle and I to while away the early afternoon.  I laid down on the couch to read a bit and before I knew it I woke up to this little scene playing out adjacent to me. 

IMG_3055

There was my angel Annaliese trying to put Elle down for a nap, helping her look at a picture book while sitting in a little chair beside her charge, reading a book of her own.  They were whispering so quietly and I kept hearing Anna say, “Okay, now it’s time to go nigh-night.”  Melt my mama heart.

Elle really needed a nap, poor thing.  When the kids are home it is very hard for her to lay down for a nap.  She knows exciting things are happening without her and doesn’t want to miss anything.  One or two missed days in a row are okay, but beyond that, we ALL start to feel it. Rather violent temper outbursts become common place and we all take cover (seriously, because otherwise you will  get hit in the head with a flying object).

I know she can’t take it anymore when I find her like this:

IMG_3056

Oh, baby.  I always feel like such a bad mama when my child has to resort to putting herself to bed. Oh, please let the big kids have school tomorrow. ;>

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...