Monday, March 6, 2017

Creating

We’ve been doing a bit of creating around here.  Nothing too exciting, but the wheels are turning and that’s what I love.  Because of when we moved Valentine’s were anything but original this year.  But that’s okay.  We always have next year.  The girls still enjoyed picking out which little saying went to which little friend.  As we sorted through the Valentine bags after school I was so pleased to find a decent number of homemade simple Valentines; no candy, just tos and froms and hearts. Very simple and very sweet.

IMG_3101

Anna decided to create a reusable Family Home Evening agenda.  With a little bit of help from her big brother she whipped up this very professional looking agenda and laminated it so we could reuse it each week.  She never ceases to amaze me!

IMG_3113

We also finally finished her tote bag.  The houses were leftover blocks from a quilt I made.  We added a few borders to expand the size of the finished bag, and then Anna went to town machine quilting fun little patterns and lines all over the bag.  With a little bit of direction from me she made the strap, the lining and fully assembled the bag.  Again, totally impressed. I’m afraid I won’t be able to keep up with her pretty soon.

DSC_0019

Djeryd has been creating food, not as much as I would like, but we are eeking some meals out of him.  The push for cooking is two-fold:

1. He has to finish his cooking merit badge so he can earn his Eagle (the clock is ticking!!)

2. This boy is leaving home in a little over a year.  I want him to be able to feed himself wholesome, delicious, economical meals.

We’re getting there.

DSC_0043

The other morning I decided to whip up a little skirt for Elle.  I wanted to see how fast I could get it done, start to finish, and still be a patient and nice mommy.  This took my a little under an hour (which made me feel pretty good, considering a mis-measured for the yoke and had to do some tweaking).  It needs a bit of black and white trim to spice up ease the transition from the flower print to the gingham.  Maybe I’ll do that today. 

IMG_3156

Alyx has been making lots of books and writing lots of stories.  I need to snap a picture of that, I think.  I love watching the creative process touch each of my children.  It makes me so happy inside.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...