Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Slumbering


If you have children who have long outgrown falling asleep while being held, you will appreciate this post. Anna's sleep schedule had been stretched to the max, and she simply could not stay awake one moment longer. She was screaming her head off and I picked her up to give her a cuddle. Within 60 seconds she was sound asleep. The beautiful part was that she stayed asleep. I spent two glorious hours with my beautiful little girl snuggled on my lap. It was the best excuse I have had in a long time to sit in the sun and read, and read, and read. The boys played, us girls rested and recharged.


I don't know what it is about having a little, tiny body nestled up against yours; especially when that little, tiny person is so very precious to you. As I held my slumbering daughter I couldn't help but reflect on the magical months immediately following Anna's birth in which the two of us spent many hours sleeping side by side as if we were part of one another . . . because we were a part of one another. She has grown so much in the past three years, and I would not trade it for anything. It was nice to remember holding my newborn baby girl, and it is nice to hold my beautiful, growing daughter.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Annie said...

Hi MyLiege,

What a sweet post. I love those precious moments. Cedar and I were lying in my bed the other morning just looking at each other and she just said "Mama" to me for the first time. It was very special. Hope you and the family are all well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...