Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Playing Around

My kids have been on a game-playing streak. They have been playing board games for five days - straight. It's crazy! They play Chess, Othello, Guess Who, Chutes and Ladders, Stratego, and Uno. I'm sure there have been others, but I can't keep track. It is so fun to see them enjoying each other's company in such a calm, relaxing manner. I am also grateful their sportsmanship has improved and we don't have to listen to crying fits when someone loses.

I love it when Anna joins in the fun (or should I say when the boys let her join in the fun). She is a kick and really understands a surprising amount for a three year old. In Guess Who, she can ask identifying questions and give accurate answers, although she needs help knowing which people she has eliminated on her board.

Because the boys have been so buddy-buddy lately with all this "gaming", Annabelle and I have spent a considerable amount of time hanging out together. I guess this is preparing me for when the boys head off to school and it is just me and Anna at home. She is incredibly entertaining, so I am really looking forward to it.

This is her most current form of personal entertainment: singing on the living room table. She wiggles her hips and flings out her arms and sings "loudy". Her favorite song at the moment is: "I Don't Want to Get Off the Table". Like I said, she is extremely entertaining.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...