Friday, July 24, 2009

Hurry Up . . . And Do Nothing

Oh, the state of things around these parts - it makes one want to cringe, or cry, or both. What you see in the picture above are prints that we hurried up and got printed, in mats that we hurried up and ordered, surrounded by frames that we hurried up and bought. How long, you might ask, have those lovely photos been adorning the floor of my bedroom? A solid month! Why the rush? Who knows. Why the lack of subsequent activity? Who knows.

The picture above represents another hurry-up-and-do-nothing project. In June we moved the boys out of their room and into the spare room. It is much bigger and better suited to their needs. Their old room is now my craft room. But, as you can see, it is in dire need of paint and organization and style. Not to mention, the boys room has not yet been put together and it is in a state of constant mess.

The bathrooms - ah, the bathrooms in this house. Every bathroom needs to be painted. My bath has had paint samples brushed about on the walls for 4 months. I finally decided on a color for the kids bath (pictured above), moved all of my supplies upstairs and got ready to dig in, when something came up. That was the end of June. Dah!

And my final picture today. We have a lovely display area above the front door. The current display boasts platic play-doh scissors, a pirate earring and a pull-up. Yum! That lovely arrangement has been stirring passion within me for a whole four months. It is virtually untouched since three days after moving in. The good news with that one is that my kids (read: Erik) have stopped throwing things up there. The bad news is we've been staring at it for four months and still haven't done anything about it.

This summer has been so crazy. And now that things have slowed down just a touch, I just want to sit somewhere and catch my breath. I have so many great projects and things to do; things that are all ready for me to just walk over a pick up a paint brush, or hammer in a nail, and I haven't done it. I must not have caught my breath yet. I hope I do soon.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...