Thursday, July 30, 2009

Towel Dreams

I woke up Wednesday morning having dreamed about a towel. I have been having very practial life sorts of dreams lately, which is very unusual for me (aside from the very interesting chat I had with Steve Martin the other night about his odd collection of Matchbox car parts). There have been lots of dreams about shopping for school supplies and clothes, things like that.

Back to the story - so I dreamed about this towel. I have had this pink towel sitting in my sewing closet for at least a year and a half waiting to be made into a little hoodie bath towel for Anna. In my dream this lovely pink towel had a lovely little crown appliqued smack in the middle. I thought about it here and there throughout the day (there was not much time to think of such things as we were racing around to sign house papers and dashing to other appointments). When Sean set off for Mutual and basketball, I set off for my sewing room. And . . .

ta-da! A masterpiece! My dream came true! I stitched a strip of cute little edging fabric onto the hoodie part just to tie it all together. Anna was tickled to get it this morning at breakfast. I love watching her eyes get big. She told me in no uncertain terms that the towel was going with her to swimming lessons today. Yippee! Success! ;>

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sierra said...

My, that towel turned out so darling! Good for you to just sit down and do it. I rarely get past the thinking part.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...