Thursday, March 18, 2010

Alyxandria Brynn

Alyxandria Brynn arrived nearly a full week early - thank goodness. She is healthy and happy and absolutely beautiful. And I am quite smitten with her. Admittedly, I spent the first two days in shock (I think it had something to do with having the worst delivery of my life, but really, two out of three is not bad for great delivery experiences). Once my head and body stopped reeling, I found myself completely in love with this new little life. I do not know how anyone can observe the wonder of a new human life being created and coming into this world and not know, absolutely, that there is a God in Heaven. It is a miracle.

The wonderful man you see in the picture above was able to help deliver his daughter. He got scrubs, gloves, the whole nine yards. It was a remarkable experience for him. The nurses and midwives were very impressed with his "professionalism" and referred to him as "Dr. Sean" for the rest of our stay. He was ridiculously proud of himself (so was I).

We are all adjusting to life with a new baby at home. Of course sleep schedules have been altered (though not much for me considering I spent the three weeks prior to Alyx being born rarely sleeping more than two hours at a time - nature's preparation). I am relishing this week of doing nothing but recovering and staring at my new baby for hours on end. I want to rewind the clock and go back to those first couple of days when I simply could not comprehend what was going on. I feel like I missed so much of just enjoying her while I was in my haze. Now, everyday I wake up and she is a day older, and part of me wants to soak in today as completley as possible, and part of me wants to go back and get just a little bit more in from yesterday - more kisses, more snuggles, more wiggles, more newborn-baby-smell, more gazing. Perhaps that should make me more thankful for today - that each day I get a brand new twenty-four hours to be Alyxandria's mother.


Love is a powerful thing.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Sierra said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I loved seeing those beautiful pictures of your daughter! I know it's crazy to have a newborn, but thanks for blogging. I've missed you this week.

Leslee said...

She is beautiful! I'm so glad you are feeling better. I hope Anna is better today.

I remember having similar feelings with each of you. I absolutely love being a mother and now a grandmother!

Castiel Moyes said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful. I am so glad you are home and doing well. I want to hear what happened in the hospital! Be expecting a call from me soon. I hoe everyone is adjusting well to the new baby.....(Anna?). We need to get our little ones together soon and then they can say that they had been friends since they were born...cause they are going to be friends. I would love to bring you a pizza or something. There still isn't much cooking going on around here but I would love to help out in some way! I will give you a call.

Annie said...

I remember taking naps after Cedar was born and asking my mom to bring her in so I could just sleep and hold her at the same time. Those first few weeks are so amazing. She is gorgeous, MyLiege.

I want to hear about your delivery too!

Congratulations, and best of wishes as your family adjusts to the transition of a new addition!

Tricia said...

Beautiful!!!! congratulations to you and your family :)

Sara said...

she's here!! what a fun surprise to hop on your blog and see that beautiful baby girl... congratulations!! i had some serious catching up to do on here... hope you are resting and soaking it all in... love you to pieces my!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...