Thursday, April 15, 2010

Tulips and Blankets

In a bit of a frenzy I grabbed my camera the other morning to snap a few shots of my rapidly fading tulips. They were just too gorgeous and all those good intentions I've had of photographing them finally materialized into actual action.

It seems like we've had a rather strange spring - lots of warm and lots of cold all jumbled up together. Snow one week and seventy degree weather the next. Strange indeed; but the flowers have been shown to best advantage with all the sunshine between all the pouring rain (and hail and snow).

On Monday I was feeling so very springy that I coerced the family into eating dinner on the patio. Before the prayer was even said most of us were swaddled in blankets. Needless to say our foray outside did not last long, maybe twenty minutes. I was the chicken that packed it in first (I hate being cold - the older I get the more I think I really am a California girl at heart - the beach, the water, the sun, swimming pools, flowers year-round). Oh, well, at least we made a memory. ;>

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Sierra said...

pretty flowers. How about a shot of the whole bed? Or is it straggly already? My kids have been riding bikes on our dead-end street during the sunny days. So nice!

The Evans Family said...

I've been meaning to tell you how gorgeous your tulips and daffodils are/were. I'm always sad when the tulips start to die, ours went fast this year.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...