Monday, May 3, 2010

Alyx's Blessing

Alyx's Blessing 041
 
Our sweet little Alyxandria Brynn was blessed yesterday. It was such a wonderful, beautiful day. And it was a gift to learn a little bit more about my daughter and the wonderful person she will become. She was blessed in a dress I made in college. So far eight little girls in my family have been blessed in that dress, including Annaliese. I have loved pulling that dress out for each precious one.

 Alyx's Blessing 024
We had lots of loved ones with us to celebrate the occasion (and Annabelle's birthday, too). The house was full of happy cousins delighted to spend the day together. Sean's aunt and uncle came all the way from Wisconsin to be with us. It was an absolute treat of a weekend to spend so much time with them. If the whole world were made up of such people, what a wonderful place it would be. The only down side was I was virtually sister-less yesterday due to a variety of reasons. Katrina, thank you for filling in. ;> (To the rest of you, I missed you terribly.)

Alyx's Blessing 087 

Life is so beautiful. I am so in love with this little person; so in love with all four of my little people. What a joy it is to be a mother (on the good days). ;> 

Alyx's Blessing 095 

(Don't you just want to gobble up that scrumptious baby?!?!?)

Alyx's Blessing 032
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

The Evans Family said...

Beautiful!

Leslee said...

I love that top picture. She is so beautiful. We had such a great time. I know everyone really enjoyed it.

Sierra said...

I love your new blog pictures and background. Very zen. I am so sorry I missed everything on Sunday. I was praying for a miracle healing, but it wasn't in God's plan, for whatever reason. I'm glad there were still lots of people there to celebrate with your family. I'm so happy Alyx fit in the dress! It looks like it was plenty roomy for her. She's such a cute little chub.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...