Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Civil War Saturday

Fire Pit and Civil War 437

After a pancake breakfast and flag raising, we spent the bulk of our Independence Day celebrations in Salem at a Civil War reenactment.  It was seriously cool. 

We saw two battles,

2010-07-03 Fire Pit and Civil War

toured the camps,

2010-07-03 Fire Pit and Civil War1 

and I drooled over a few dresses. 

2010-07-03 Fire Pit and Civil War2

I think the kids had fun, too.

Fire Pit and Civil War 279

It was a really neat experience.  We will definitely be doing it again next year.         

Fire Pit and Civil War 429

4 comments:

Castiel Moyes said...

That looks amazing! I would have loved to taken my kids there. Seriously I am going to have to look into that for next year too!

Sara said...

did you take those pictures? you have some serious skills girl!!

Sierra said...

It was amazing to see hundreds of people acting out life in the 1860's. Everyone was very friendly and the details were amazing. We'll be heading back next year.

The Evans Family said...

This is seriously awesome! Sean was telling us about it and I thought it sounded cool, but to see your pictures makes me want to go some time! Wow!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...