Friday, May 25, 2012

Anna’s Birthday

Anna's Birthday 027

Anna turned six a few weeks back.  We had been talking about a Strawberry Shortcake party for months, but at the last minute she changed her mind to Pixie Hollow.  I was relieved just because Pixie Hollow seemed like a lot more fun to me.

Anna's Birthday 105

The party went very smoothly.  There were a lot of activities and I had some great helpers so everything just clicked along.  The first thing we did was sparkle-up some fairy houses.

Anna's Birthday 031

Sean got in on the action and turned out a little house fit for a true tinker (it was my favorite).

Anna's Birthday 064

We made Pixie Dust lip gloss.  I bought these little pots at the craft store in the beading section.  They hold about one tablespoon of Vaseline that we mixed with a sprinkle of Kool-aid  powder and a pinch super-fine glitter.

Anna's Birthday 049  

I love this picture of Anna with her little hand cupping her grandma’s neck.  It speaks volumes about their relationship.

Anna's Birthday 102

The last hands-on station we did was fairy cake decorating with all things purple and green.  They turned out some very yummy confections.

Anna's Birthday 070  

Above is one of my yummy confections – isn’t she scrumptious!  (I promise she started the party with clothes ON.)

Anna's Birthday 119

Anna, I hope you had a wonderful day.  And I hope you know how much we all adore you.  You touch my heart daily with your thoughtfulness and kindness.  You are gentle and helpful with your sister in such a way that inspires me to be a better mother, to be more like you.  I cannot possibly express how deeply I love you, my little Angel Anna.  I hope life is sweet to you this year. 

Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Sean said...

Everything she learned, she learned from her angel mother. Thank you MyLiege for being such a good mother to our children.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...