Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Fresh-Squeezed

First I said “no.”

Fresh Squeezed 009-001

Then I said “yes.”

Fresh Squeezed 010-001 

Because really, what harm can come from your kid squeezing his own orange juice?  Yes, it was late, and they probably should have been brushing their teeth . . .

Fresh Squeezed 044-001

. . . but I’ve been reading this book.  And this book is reminding me that life is all about discovering and exploring, especially when you are a child and everything is still so fresh.

Fresh Squeezed 026-001

So I am trying to say “yes” a little more often.

Fresh Squeezed 028-001

And trying to remember that my children learn about life by trying it out.

Fresh Squeezed 031-001

And if I don’t let them try it out . . .

Fresh Squeezed 035-001 

I will undoubtedly miss some of those fresh-squeezed moments in life that just . . . happen.

4 comments:

Elder and Sister Wilcox said...

That is awesome. I'm sure I squelched you guys way too much. You are an awesome mother!!!!

Sierra said...

Did they like it? Saying no is so much easier and cleaner than saying yes usually, but not nearly as much fun!

Annalea said...

I needed to hear this today . . . thank you. :o)

The Evans Family said...

You are such a good mom!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...