Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Lu’s Quiet Book

6-DSC_0425

About a year-and-a-half ago, I happened upon this beautiful quiet book over at girl. Inspired.   It is one of my favorite blogs for fabulous girly-girl inspiration.  My book does not look as lovely as Stef’s, but I’m just ecstatic it’s done, perfect or not.

7-DSC_0426

Anyway, I saw this amazing book and decided to make it for Alyx for Christmas.  Then, because this is a much more involved project than it first appears, I only had the fabrics picked out in time for Christmas 2011.

8-DSC_0427

So I decided to make it for her March birthday in 2012.  My sister helped me sketch out all the little patterns (which took forever!), and I started making some actual progress.

1-DSC_0428

But not enough.  Lu’s birthday passed and the new goal became Christmas 2012.

2-DSC_0429

I made some of these darling little fabric paper dolls for the girls to play with in the meantime. Complete with tons of little fabric clothes.

3-DSC_0430

Then Seminary came along in October 2012 and the quiet book sat on a shelf, untouched, for six solid months.  I knew there was no way I would have the time to finish it all, so I chose not to even think about it.

4-DSC_0431

Two Christmases, two birthdays, and one year of Seminary later, I pulled my box stuffed with quiet book supplies down off the shelf and dug in – determined to finish, no matter what.  It only took me a few days of leisure time once I started focusing on it.  I thought about wrapping up the finished product and waiting until Christmas to give it to Alyx, but I’m honestly worried she’s going to outgrow it in the next year, and six whole months seemed like awfully precious time that I was not willing to waste in wrapping paper.

5-DSC_0432

So there it is.  All done.  I hated it many times along the way, but in the end I am so glad I made it.  And so relieved to have it finally checked off the to-do list.

I think Lu’s pretty happy about it, too.  ;>

2 comments:

Sean said...

And she loves playing with it. Thank you, MyLiege, for all of your time and effort making it for her. You are a wonderful Mom!

Sierra said...

Looks beautiful! I love every page, and the memories I have of being involved in it just a little bit. Thank you for letting me help.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...