Monday, August 26, 2013

Fifteen in Florence

1-DSC_0487

Sean and I were fortunate enough to be able to celebrate our fifteenth wedding anniversary in Florence this year (Oregon, not Italy, people).  We’ve always wanted to hit that little coastal town and we managed to squeeze in a weekend despite Sean’s busy summer schedule.

4-DSC_0474

We stayed in a darling little house not too far from the beach, but it was in a densely forested area, so although we could hear the beach, we could not see it.  In fact we could not see much of anything except the lush wild plants that grew all around our little bungalow.  We loved it.

6-DSC_0482

Saturday is really the only day we got out, besides church on Sunday (because I was icky-sick on Sunday and came home icky-sick on Monday).  But we both felt fantastic on Saturday so we made the most of it.  Sean took me to this very cool restaurant for lunch.  I can’t believe I didn’t take a picture of the inside – it was so cool!  The structure was essentially untouched since it was built around the turn of last century,so it had all these weird little half walls and cool doors.  The walls were khaki and red, the furniture was covered is animal prints, and the yummy green plants made me feel like I was in a jungle.  It was like something out of Disneyland.  The food was pretty darn good, too.

2-DSC_0495

I could not resist a picture of the groovy Zoltar machine outside the ice cream shop downtown.  Who can look at one of these and not think of Tom Hanks in Big?

3-DSC_0497

Despite the ickies it was a really nice 15th anniversary.  I’m very grateful that pretty much every day of the year I feel like jumping up and down for joy that I married the wonderful man I am blessed to call mine. 

1-DSC_0044

We were all home on the actual day of our anniversary and kneeling for family prayer.  Sean looked around at everyone and said, “Just think, you guys, all of this started 15 years ago today.”  I felt so, so blessed in that moment.  I am such a lucky girl.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...