Sunday, January 25, 2015

Preschool: The Letter K

I will tell you right off the bat I really wanted to do Kinetic energy experiments with the girls.  I thought it would be fun to play human bumper cars.  But then I thought better of it. In the end we went with . . .

1-DSC_0008

Jumping around like Kangaroos (with little “Kangaroo” babies attached  - only one of the girls cooperated with that little element), and then posing adorably with said “Kangaroo” babies (one actually was a Kangaroo, the other two were a fish and a giraffe).

3-DSC_0009

They made paper kite collages with papers and yarns.

2-DSC_0016

I think if I were to do it again I would have some small papers cut and ready for the girls to glue onto their kites.  I’m think 1/2”-1” squares and circles and triangles, or even some fun shape punches like butterflies.

4-DSC_0023

For snack we had fruit Kabobs.  These were really fun and the girls loved them.  I put out bowls of cut apple, sliced banana and grapes, and the girls just went to town spearing fruit with their little toothpicks.  They were really yummy.

5-DSC_0027

For our last project they drew pictures and sealed the envelopes with a Kiss (we also slipped a Hershey’s Kiss inside).  I put lipstick on each girls and they got to seal their own envelope.  They were soooo excited to have their turn with the grown-up girl stuff.  Who knew we could have so much fun learning about the letter K without pushing each other around!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...