Saturday, March 6, 2010

Redemption

This is what the quilt looked like from the back on Thursday night. The thought of that grid framing the face of my newborn child was more than I could bear (or is it bare?). After crying into Sean's shoulder when he got home from work, I trekked out to Jo-Ann's for backing that I loved. When I got home, Sean and I spent two hours ripping off the old binding and pinning the new backing.

With the spritely green binding I knew I needed to add a few spots of green into the quilt to "tie" it all together anyway. This provided a perfect solution to replacing the backing on the already quilted quilt - simply tie on the new one and re-bind it all. It took me about half of the day to tie and re-bind the quilt, but it was all so worth it!

Please note how that luscious new backing (very last photograph) compliments the quilt so perfectly. Now, no matter how the quilt is flopped over or wrapped around, it frames smiles beautifully. (The original backing material I purchased a month ago did not compliment the quilt once it was finished - it just didn't look right. Because I was stressed and in a hurry, I decided to just use the white backing and call it good. Well, it was not good, and only went to prove that doing things right the first time saves a lot of time. Moral of the story: you can never have enough beautiful fabric on hand - must buy more.) ;>

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Sierra said...

I love, love, love it. And I'm happy you love it too! Take a deep breath and sigh in satisfaction. It's beautiful any way you look at it now. I like your moral too, and I will try to take it to heart; as I'm often cutting corners or saying things are "good enough", when if I just took a bit more time and effort it would be perfect. Sorry about the grammar in that last sentence ;)

Leslee said...

You know I love it too. Alyx will look so beautiful and loved in her new quilt.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...