Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ladybugs

Djeryd birthday 080

A few nights ago Erik noticed a ladybug creeping along our living room wall.  He wanted to catch it and put it outside, but it was bedtime, so the answer was “Just leave it alone; it will be fine until tomorrow.”  So the little ladybug settled in for the night and we forgot all about it until sometime the next morning as Anna and I were tidying up the living room.  I picked it up to show Anna and much to my surprise she actually asked to hold it.

Djeryd birthday 081

I was floored.  If this exact situation would have come up a year ago, she would have simply peaked at the bug crawling up my arm from a distance.  Instead, she allowed the spotted insect to crawl all over her little fingers all the while being so observant and patient.    Since I call both of my girls “little ladybugs”, I couldn’t resist a picture of my sweet ladybug with her own  little ladybug.

Djeryd birthday 084

After a minute or two our shiny red friend took flight and all we had to do was crack the sliding glass door for it to fly out to freedom.  There were two little ladybugs spreading their wings to fly that morning, and I’m so grateful I was able to witness it. (Love you, ladybug.)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...