Monday, January 31, 2011

Lazy Daisy Saturday

2011-01-22 Frank Lloyd Wright1

A week or so ago our family had an appointment at 2:00 on Saturday afternoon.  The bathrooms were cleaned earlier in the week (all, except mine, that is – which is never clean!), all the jobs were done, the sun was shining, and there was nothing to do but wait.  We had the longest, laziest Saturday morning in the history of our family, at least in recent memory.  There always seems to be a list of things to do, but with our little appointment (to the Frank Lloyd Wright House) we didn’t want to get dirty or involved in anything.  It was heaven.  We just played and talked and enjoyed each other.  I loved observing the interaction from my perch on the couch where my leg was wrapped in a heating pad trying to minimize pain until my pain-killers kicked in.  I think all that laughing and giggling did more to ease my pain than anything else.  I love these guys.  I can’t say it enough.  I love it when we are all together long enough to revel in our little family. 

And I love those jammies (and that baby!).  It makes me so happy polka-dots are fashionable at the moment making them readily available (note to self: must stock up on all things polka-dotted).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...