Friday, October 19, 2012

Lu’s Flower Pants

Lu's Flower Pants 002

Here is pair #2 from Dana’s fabulous pattern (#1 is over here).

Lu's Flower Pants 004 

This pair began it’s life without any detailing, then I added a three layer reverse appliqué in the shape of a freehand flower after some prodding by my husband to put my signature on them.

Lu's Flower Pants 011

I did not get a picture of it.  I loved it, but it was just too much.  The great thing about this fabric is it goes with practically anything.  That patch suddenly limited t-shirt options to those exactly matching the three bright colors in the patch.  And guess what?  Lu did not have a single shirt in any of those colors, and I did not feel like making any.

Lu's Flower Pants 010 

So, daydreaming in the car on our way to Sunriver I came up with the solution: Cut out a smaller version of the flower in the original black multi fabric and stitch it right over the top of the “too-much” flower . . . and . . .

Lu's Flower Pants 008 viola!  It’s back to being completely versatile while still having a little bit of something special.

1 comment:

Elder and Sister Wilcox said...

That is too cute. You are so clever!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...