Sunday, January 23, 2011

Djeryd’s Birthday

Djeryd birthday 054

We take a long time to tackle a birthday around these parts.  We celebrate for days.  Seriously.  Here is the illustrated version of Djeryd’s eleventh birthday.  His birthday fell on a Thursday, but timing worked out better to enjoy his traditional Red Robin birthday dinner on Tuesday (we totally owed Erik for his birthday dinner still, so we combined it – my back was out – the first time – over Erik’s birthday – it was a legitimate excuse).  Wednesday night the littles and I decorated the dining room with personalized birthday balloons, a poster, and the birthday garland.  On Thursday morning he opened half his presents including the photo above (my favorite gift) which I took last summer at a Civil War reenactment.  Djeryd is a war junkie so he loved it.

Djeryd birthday 073

He opened the rest of his presents at dinner time and then was kind enough to assemble them for his watchful audience.

Djeryd birthday 079

I did not make a cake or anything on Thursday because his party was the next day.  But we had to have some kind of a birthday treat.  So my darling husband ran to the grocery store and snagged whatever donuts were still on the rack.  One green stripey candle, and viola` – a birthday cake – sort of.

Djeryd birthday 090

Djeryd’s party was on Firday night and had an Egypt theme so I made a plain cake and just sprinkled crushed graham crackers on top to make it look like sand.  Djeryd displayed his new Egyptian Lego set on top and was quite pleased with the result.

Djeryd birthday 097

Djeryd only invited a few friends (that makes things sooooo much easier), and all my sisters kids’ spent the night (I love my nieces and nephews – have I mentioned that?).  Each kid made their own pizza, ate tons of candy, played the Wii and slurped down some ice cream.

Djeryd birthday 121

We had a great time.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...