Wednesday, November 18, 2020

A Tree Comes Down - Sean

 About 2 weeks ago, our next door neighbor knocked on our door and told us not to hire a tree service to "cut it up". I had no idea what she was talking about. Apparently, the night before one of the big trees in our yard came down and landed on the road. Someone had cut it up enough to get it off into the ditch.


So, I borrowed my dad's chain saw, grabbed Djeryd and went to work. Now, I am a computer programmer not a tree-feller. Ask me questions about C# or Javascript and I have an answer. Using a chain saw is a new experience. So I immediately learned that pinching the blade in a large log is very difficult to remove. I was so grateful that the next door neighbor showed up with gloves and immediately went and got her husband with his big chain saw and made quick work it. I am so grateful for good neighbors! 


Apparently, the roots rotted out. I think we are going to have to take out the other 4 trees in front of our house. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...