Thursday, November 19, 2020

Photographer In Training - MyLiege


 One of the great privileges of my life is being Anna's mom.  She is an outstanding individual who is always showing me how to be a better person through her example. I often joke that she's a better mom than I am.  But it's not a joke - it's true.  She is endlessly patient, disciplined, helpful, and kind.  I am so grateful for this girl!  

Something I really enjoy about our relationship is that we love to explore many of the same things.  She is always game to jump in on a painting or woodworking project.  She likes organizing and giving things a good solid scrubbing every once in a while (as long as it's to avoid doing something worse - again, like her mama).  We have also been delving deeper into some design project we have bubbling in the background since the house will be turned all around again when Djeryd leaves for school in January.

This fall we had the lovely opportunity to photograph my niece's wedding.  My sweet Anna was by my side every step of the way.  She was my second shooter.  We spent the preceding months photographing everything.  We took our nice camera on every family outing and took turns shooting with it.  A month before the wedding my dad surprised her with a camera of her own (she was going to have to borrow his for the wedding).  What a thrill!  We did three full-on shoots with some friends' families to figure out what on earth we were doing and that girl caught some great shots.  We found a rhythm and we worked together beautifully.

Sometime soon I will share pictures from the wedding and share our experience, but suffice it to say I don't know how I could have done it without her.  Not only did she manage to capture some incredibly beautiful moments, but she was an anchor of support and encouragement.  We laughed and talked and planned and had such an amazing time together.  I loved watching her skills grow from our first prep shoot to our last wedding shoot (we had three separate wedding shoots in one week). I hope she will share some of her images on here so you can see her talent.  She is one of my very favorite people to spend time with and I absolutely adore this amazing person I get to share my life and eternity with.  I love you, Anna.  Keep creating.  You have so much to Become.  And thank you for helping me along my way to Becoming as well.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...