Thursday, November 19, 2020

Cozy - MyLiege

 


I am on a mission to take our home up a notch on the coziness scale.  We are tackling it a little bit at a time.  One room at a time. We have pretty generous sized rooms in this lovely home of ours.  But that can sometimes provide a challenge in the coziness realm. When I decided to make our library a little squishier I got some push back from my family.  We inherited an antique sewing machine from Sean's family and the library made the most sense for such a special piece.  And Sean's working from home necessitated a major overhaul of the office, so the china hutch (from my side of the family) needed a new home as well.  

We have loved our library since the very first day we moved in - even when it was full of boxes and random lamps and pictures.  Over the past four years I have been trying to get the furniture close enough together that you could have a warm conversation, but still fill up the room so it doesn't look like we just moved in and we haven't finished furnishing it.  (Wait a second, I guess that's exactly what it was!)

Moving the china hutch and the sewing machine into the library worked like magic!  It took some tweaking to balance the side tables and lamps and plants, but I think we nailed it, for now.  How can I tell? People are always in this room, reading, talking, eating, being still. The room is situated a little bit away from the normal hustle and bustle of the house, providing a sense of quiet and coziness in a home that is now constantly peopled.  

I am learning to appreciate, all over again, the essentialness of time in truly putting together a home.  It needs layers.  Layers take time.  Coziness takes time.  It's history and comfort and memories and warmth and love and beauty all wrapped into a space.  Four walls.  If walls ever do talk, I want ours to talk about laughter and cuddles and story time and deep conversations and play and fun and faith and tears and great food and sweet whispers and love, love, love.  I want them to speak of the stuff of life - the best stuff of life.  Cozy kisses and cozy cuddles and cozy conversations.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...